Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Meeting Goals

Last night, I wrote about a few goals I had for the week.  One of those goals was to make my daughter's Easter dress.  I went home from work last night and started cutting out pattern pieces and sewing and this is the almost finished product.  The only thing I have left to do is hem it.  Now I just need to make a barrette for her to wear.  I have the stuff, I just need to make it.

My little ham

Holding onto Woody

As for my other goals, I followed through with my dinner plans for tonight for the family, but I didn't make it in time for me.  I chose as best I could at work, eggplant parm.  I still haven't had any soda, though I have craved it horribly.  I did day one of the couch to 5K yesterday and tomorrow is day 2.  I still haven't gone shopping for clothing for this time of year, but I really need something to at least cover my arms!

I haven't gotten to the Salvation Army yet.  I really want to go and see what kind of goodies I can find and what I can do with them.  I am hoping that it will spark my creative ideas and I'll do something truly creative instead of just following someone else's ideas.

As for my kids' diet, I am almost certain that Michael has an issue with dairy.  We had pizza Saturday and then he had pizza last night.  I guess I was just hoping that he could have it once in a while, so we trialed cheese.  Needless to say it was a no go.  Last night was the first night in a long time, like 2 months (probably the longest ever), that he woke in the middle of the night.  Now to be fair, all I had to do is go in and put the blanket back on him, but that has never happened since we took him off dairy.  Then this morning when I went to get him up, I noticed that there was blood on his sheets from him scratching at his arm.  He has had a little issue with scratching his back, but I'm not sure if he just kept scratching at it because it was scabbing.  I also noticed that he was snoring worse this morning, another thing that had gratly decreased since going dairy free.  I am going to be very strict with what I give him.  I don't now if I will feel comfortable giving him pre-packaged foods unless I can be sure that it is dairy free.  I may need to look into seeing if there are other foods that may be contributing to this.

I am thinking that I really need to continue with watching all of our diets.  I am thinking that losing the starchy carbs for all of us would be a positive move.  I am hoping that with the right diet, we will all start to feel better.  I need to continue to create sine it is what I truly love to do.  I really want to make sure that I complete the couch to 5K and I actually want to run a 5K.  I am thinking that I may run a 5K with another twin mom this summer.  I really will feel good to complete the program and be able to run since this is a goal I have always had.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment