Monday, April 4, 2011

Getting Back On Track!

I just read a friend's blog and she wrote about getting back in shape after having her third baby.  Right now she is dealing with some medical complications with her new daughter and for her, getting back in shape is something that she can control right now and something that she can do for herself and her daughter.  She has me inspired.  She now has three kids, one being an infant in the NICU.  I think that I, with three healthy kids, can get my ass in gear and start getting myself in shape.  I have been doing better with my diet, but definitely need to step it up quite a bit so that I am really eating what I should be.  I have been minimally active, but I really need to get it in gear and get moving.  Right now I am recovering from a massive cold and the weather prety much sucks!  That means I have not been a) motivated and b) too sick to have the energy to exercise.  I just got the couch to 5K app for my phone and hope that along with the Nike+gps app, I can get to the point of running a 5K.  I figure my little ones are 2 I should get my ass in gear and get in shape, espcieally since I wasn't in shape before I had kids!

On the food front, I really need to get back to eating better.  I am not doing totally bad, but can definitely do better.  I think weight wise, I'm doing ok, but I definitely need to lose at least 20-30 pounds!  I really need to lessen the amount of meat that I eat, increase the amount of veggies that I eat, and decrease the starches and the dairy. 

I am hoping that starting to eat right and exercising will get me healthy and in shape will help to keep me from getting sick like I have this winter.  I am also hoping that I can help to prevent any disease, or at least limit the diseases that I may be more prone to getting, such as cancer and heart disease.  I have to admit this isn't going to be easy and I know that I am going to trip up and back slide, but I really need to get my head where it needs to be and do what I need to do for my health!  My mom is currently in the hospital after her first chemo treatment and I am hoping that I never have to go through this.  Cancer is big in my family and now we have a 3 generational link from my great grandmother to my grandmother to my mother with breast cancer.  I don't want to be the 4th genereation and I want to do what ever I can to keep my body strong so that it can fight off what ever it needs to!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment