Friday, April 8, 2011

Getting Back to Creating

I signed up for another apron swap.  This time the theme is spring/gardening and I can't wait to make my apron.  I have the material which I love, and I ended up going to a Walmart that was a little further away, but ended up spending way less money than if I had gone to Joann's (though I have to admit, Walmart is one of those evils that I just have to do sometimes).  We are supposed to add in tuck ins that spell out our partners initials.  I have 2 of the 3 letter planned for, but I still need an S idea.

I often forget how much I love creating and crafting until I start reading other people's creative blogs.  I am really thinking that I want to start making clothes for me and the kids.  I'm a little nervous about them looking homemade.  I remember being that kid in school with homemade clothes and everyone knew it.  I probably need to start making things like pajamas to start practicing, then I can move on to things to wear in public.  I definitely have basic sewing skills, But I'm not sure my sewing skills are good enough for clothing (though that is a goal)

I still have my mom's prayer shawl in the works, but unfortunately, I tend to need to have multiple projects going at the same time!  I get bored quickly so I figure if I switch things up a little, I can save myself from putting it away and forgetting about it, which often happens.

I so wish that I had an actual studio where I had things set up.  I can't wait for the day that I can either create with my kids (best idea) or the day that my kids can play independently without getting into trouble.  I really wish that I had more time, or that I could figure out a way to make some of my passions, like being creative, natural living living, gardening, healthy eating/cooking, and make money at it!

I am going to figure out how to make sure that I am able to get creativity into my life everyday!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment