Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Where I'm At

Diet:

I have been talking about cutting out wheat, gluten, yeast, and dairy for some time now and finally I am on day 2 of cutting out these pieces of my diet.  I am actually doing alright dealing with the cravings, though that is not to say that I haven't been craving bread and dairy products, I'm just feeling like I have to do this for my health.  I am trying not to just replace the dairy and the wheat and gluten, rather I am looking to eat more fruits and vegetables to replace the thing that I think are making me feel miserable.  I am still researching alternatives to these potential allergens so that when I am really starting crave these foods, I have things that I can eat and remain on the diet.  Any good recipe suggestions are very much welcome!  Since I am trying to eat better and eliminate these foods from my diet, I am also cooking more and eating out less.  I am hoping to get to some good farmer's markets and get some good seasonal foods.  In the process of all these changes, along with feeling better, I am also hoping that I will start to lose weight (I have already seen positve progress in the short 2 days).

Creativity:

I have been really bad at making time to create.  I am trying to use any small amount of time I can find to make things and feel like I am able to enjoy creating.  Last night I got together with a friend to do some cake decorating and even though the decorating didn't go well, it was great doing it!  I am really hoping that she will want to make this a weekly thing.  It will make me set aside time to create and also be with a friend!  I am trying to plan out Chistmas gifts so that I can make things ahead of time and give people things that I have created indtead of store bought gifts.  When I started this blog I talked about getting away from commercialized products and using more handmade items in my home, for me and my family, and to give as gifts.  I have been doing fairly well with this, but can always do better.  I just need to plan what I need to make and set aside time to make these items. 

I am very much looking forward to tomorrows post.  Since it is going to be Wednesday tomorrow, I will be writing my post for "Wishcasting Wednesdays" from http://jamieridlerstudios.ca/ .  I love these posts as it prompts me to think about things I want out of life and puts it in words vs just in my head.  I love Wednesdays!

Have a great Tuesday!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment