Monday, October 25, 2010

Eating

So, as you all know, after reading my multiple posts about my potential allergies, I have been trying to eat better.  I have some good days and some not so good days.  I am doing really good at cooking my own food vs eating out all the time, I just now have to start eating a little healthier.  As I've written, I've been wanting to go vegetarian/vegan, but I know that will never truly happen.  I have totally resigned myself to the fact that I will always be what I've heard referred to as a flexitarian.  I will eat meat, as healthy the meat as possible, but my focus will be on beans and veggies from this point on. 

I have been trying to eat more beans lately.  Partly because I want to for health and partly because one of my husbands doctors has recommended that he eat more beans.  My husband is seeing a dietician soon (something I was supposed to so, but I chose to see an allergist) and she will be guiding my meal planning from that point on.  I have been trying to do better at meal planning.  I have gotten better, but I still have a long way to go.

I had a playdate with another twin family today and I got a ton of new recipes.  My friend made recipe cards from a scrapbooking software program, and now I want that program.  I can have fun with scrapbooking, but not take all the time and energy of getting out all the stuff to do traditional scrapbooking.  I can also now have fun with recipes too!  One more porject to add to my list of things to make is a recipe box.  I saw the one my friend had, and now I want to paint one to put all these lovely recipe cards in, especially since she said she will make me copies when she puts together more recipes.

My goal for the week is to use what food I have in teh house til payday on Thursday.  No more eating out for me.  I am also going to go through the fridge and clean out all the old stuff.  I will be doing soem meal planning for all 3 meals, not just dinner and also snacks (even some thing as simple as dry cereal will be planned).  My friend used dry cereal for snack today and said she does it often.  Why I feel like I need to have real snack food is beyond me.  The kids loved the cereal and even did great sharing!

My final goal is to really stop the wheat and the dairy from my diet.  I have noticed that I am having more gi issues, now that I am paying attention to how much of that stuff I am eating.  I don't know if it because I am more focused on it, or if I am just eating too much of it.  Either way, I now can see why I need to eliminate it and hopefully I'll feel better.  I am seeing an allergist in 3 weeks or so.  I will be having the skin allergy test to see if it correlated to the blood test that I had done.  If so, I will definitely be eliminating these foods forever.  I just hope that I don't eliminate them before the appointment only to find out that I need to be eating them prior to having the allergy test.

This post is a little all over the place, but I guess that's where I am, a little scattered.  One more subject to throw out there is that I am planning on starting to hand piece some quilt squares so that I can have some quilting projects on the go.  Hopefully this will be fun and not tedious!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment