Monday, October 4, 2010

Diet

Once again, I am writing about my diet struggles, only this time I have postive things to say.  Today was the first day that I probably ate the way I should eat.  I had no wheat, gluten, yeast, milk, or cheese which are the main foods that I am attempting to eliminate.  I am hopeful that by starting and having a good day, I will be more able to follow this diet and I'm even more hopeful that I will feel better.  Today I ate a ton of apples.  I am on my 3rd right now.  I am pretty impressed with myself, given how difficult this has been in the past.  I figure, take it one day at a time and I will get there.  The more I do well, the more I'll want to continue to do well.  I know that I still need to meet with the dietician and get more educated on what I should be eating, but I know the basics.

I know that this is not going to be an easy road to go down.  I absolutely love my bread and pasta.  I also really love ice cream and cheese, which is why I can say with almost full certainty that I have an issue with dairy.  I know how I feel after eating a lot of dairy, mainly ice cream and cheese.  I will so miss eating those foods, but I will not miss how miserable I feel after I eat them. 

I am also interested in seeing if I don't notice as many symptoms since I have been having issues for so long.  I often winder if they have just become the way life is and I don't know how to feel different.  I will admit that I have had worse symptoms in the past where they definitely caused much more harm then how I feel now.  I often wonder if it related to the stress that I was under at the time, if I was eating that much worse at that point in my life, or if my body has changed since then.

I need to plan for the next 2 days until I get paid and can really go food shopping.  I am all set for dinners, but I am not sure what I will eat for breakfast or lunch.  I do have some gluten free mixes that I should use since they are exteremely expensive and I don't want to waste money or food.  I will be spending some time attempting to educate myself on how I need to eat.  I will also try really hard not to replace what I can't have, but to eliminate the things I can't have with things that are healthier and more whole food oriented.  I know that I will need to have options for those times when the cravings set in and you need something to take the edge of without making yourself feel horrible.  I just need to make sure that I don't rely on these foods.

Please keep me in your thoughts as I attempt to eat the way I should be so that I hopefully will feel better!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment