Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Costumes and Food

I decided that Tom and I are going to dress up for Halloween also.  I have started my costume which is a gypsy.  I had planned to make myself and my daughter a gypsy costume and the boys pirates when we went to King Richard's Faire, but we didn't make it this year.  I am using my black under dress for the costume also.  I've made the over skirt already and just need to fix the hem and then it will be complete.  I am going to work on the vest tonight.  I need to make Tom pants, a shirt and the vest of the pirate costume and put the finishing touches on Thomas' costume.  At that point we will be done and we can have fun trick or treating to the neighbors and to our family's homes.

Making my Halloween costume has made me aware of just how much I really need to watch my eating.  I really was aware that I need to lose weight and get my body in better shape.  I have stopped exercising once my husband when back to work and our schedule got more complex, but I really need to get back on track with exercising.  I think I need to just get the stroller out and walk around our neighborhood.

I am definitely doing better with my eating, but I still need more work.  I am really going to try to focus on not having wheat and dairy and decrease my amount of refined sugar.  I need to incerease my fruit and veggie intake and while I was making chicken soup today and I thought that I really want to be more vegetarian (my long standing goal).  I don't think that the rest of the family wants to be eating vegetarian/vegan, so I may need to cook meat for them and eat less of it myself.

I also got together a little sewing/quilting kit that I can hopefully take along with me and have portable projects.  I have way too much to do, but if I can get myself organized, I think that I may be much happier when I can pull out a craft project and actually complete it.  I need to plan out how to get organized and actually do it vs just talking about it!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. How are those recipes I sent? Did any go over well with the fam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole-The recipes were great. They are definitely in my dinner rotation. Feel free to send any others that you like.

    ReplyDelete