Monday, October 11, 2010

Dreams

Now that fall is here in MA, we have been spending more time outside and spending time at fairs.  being outside and doing all kinds of fall activities reminds me how I love this time of year.  I feel so much more energized with the sun and the cool air.  I love the crispness, the smell, the coolness that just makes you smile (ok it makes me smile).  I think the first time I really realized how much the weather affected me was this past spring.  I thought that I was just getting old and starting to hate winter and the cold temperatures.  When fall came, I realized that I hate the extremes in weather.  I am not a fan of winter and even more so, not a fan of summer.  I like the mild temperatures that allow you to spend time outside feel comfortable, not too hot or too cold.  As much as I enjoyed srping this year, and that is mostly because I was finally able to get outside with the kids after being cooped up all winter with 3 little ones, 2 of who weren't walking yet, I still really love fall.

As I said, we have gone to a couple of country style fairs and it is really making me think that some day, maybe I really want a small farm with a few animals, a garden, a studio, and maybe even a little cafe (I've already mentioned the sudio and the cafe).  I would love to have a farm house style home with a wrap around porch, a barn that could house sheep and chickens, a small studio where I could spend my spare time creating crafts that I love and maybe even teach a few simple classes, and then there is the idea of a cafe.I would love a small cafe where I could serve people healthy tasty food that they could enjoy on a budget.  That is probably a pipe dream since there is no such thing as healthy on a budget or so it seems, but that is my goal/dream.  I would love a place for creative people to get together and talk and create.  I would love to encourage people who didn't necessarily feel creative to join in and be with people who are creative individuals.  I would love to share this with my husband and my children.

I want my children to grow up in a world where people are kind, where people help each other, where people know their neighbors, and on and on.  I want my children to enjoy nature.  I want my children to create things and not just look to the large stores to meet all of their needs.  I want my children to explore and enjoy all life has to offer.  I want my children to be able to look up to the people around them as great roel models.  I want to enjoy time with my husband and my children.  I always want my children to know how much I love their father.  I want my children to be healthy and happy.  I think that the place in my dreams would be a wonderful place to raise children.  Unfortunately, my dreams are not realilty and  I'm not sure that they will ever come to fruition, but I can always have dreams and hope that some where some way a little piece of my dreams comes true.

This is not the most well written post, but I wanted to put into words some of the things that I have been feeling.  Maybe somewhere along the way, I'll be able to get these thoughts into more of a cohesive wording. 

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment