Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday (a day late)

I'm a little late with this one, but I really love writing these posts so I am doing it a day late.

Jamie Ridler at http://jamieridlerstudios.ca asks:

"What do you wish to fly free from?"
 It's really amazing how each week I seem to answer different questions with almost the same answer.  I wish to fly free from my fears, my doubts and my insecurities.  These are nothing new, but are things that I have carried with me for most of my life.  For what ever reason, I often don't feel like I am good enough in most things that I do.

1.) Now that I am a mom, I often doubt some of my instincts and always seem to be looking to others for advice.  I am getting better and trusting myself a little more with that, but I still have my doubts.

2.) I am often afraid to try new things.  I always want to be good at what ever I do and I often don't remember that there is a learning curve to new things.  My husband often gets frustrated with me (and has over the last 17 years) reminding me that I don't need to be perfect the first time that I do something and that it often takes time to become proficient at it.

3.) I have the best husband and even though I am getting better at it, I often have insecurities about why he wants to be with me.  I know he loves me and have never had someone (other than my family) love me truly for me and not want to change me.

4.) I often doubt my abilities at the things I love to do.  Sometimes, I wonder if this is why I never allow myself to get really good at one creative area.  I often go from one creative thing to another, often because I am so intrigued and want to learn something new, but I really need to focus on one thing and get good at it before I try something new, especially if I really enjoy it.

I love participating in these posts, and sometimes, often, I don't get a chance to reply to others.  please know that I truly hope that what you wish for comes true!


Amy

3 comments:

  1. As you wish this for yourself, so do I wish it for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick that one thing that you have a passion for and go for it! You can do it. You have the ability and the know-how will come by doing. AS you wish for yourself, Amy, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete