Friday, November 26, 2010

Living a Handmade and Natural Life

Am I really following through with how I want to live?  Am I really doing what I said I believe in when I started this blog?  Sometimes, I'm not sure.  I am really trying hard not to eat out.  Partly because it is so expensive and we don't have the money and partly because of health reasons.  I have not bought any new clothes for me or for the kids lately.  I would so love to go shopping, but a) I can't afford it b) I don't need it and c) I really don't want to buy anything until I am at the weight that I want to be at.

Christmas is on it's way.  I am really trying hard to make my gifts for people.  I really want to try to limit the amount of money that I spend at stores making Christmas, at least for me, a lot less commercialized.  I know that I will be buying the kids toys from the stores.  I know that there are going to b  gifts for others that get bought at the stores.  I just hope that I can make sure that the gifts that I give people, including the ones I buy, are meaningful.  I don't just want to give a gift to give a gift.  I want the gift to either say something about the person that I am giving it to or be something meaningful from me, or something that the people really wants.  So, for example, I got my kids a Toy Story Mr Potato Head for each of them.  They love Toy Story 1,2, and 3.  I mean they really love these movies, and I love them too.  Plus, it's a great teaching tool for them.  They use a Mr. Potato Head in Early Intervention and the kids really like it.  I am also planning on making them something just from me.  I want my husband to make them each a CO2 car.  They all love cars and we can decorate them for out daughter and our sons.  I haven't decided what I am going to make them yet.  I have a lot of ideas, but I'm not sure what exactly I will decide on.

I am trying to eat more healthy and sometime I do great, and sometimes, I do horrible.  It's always a work in progress!  I am trying new foods and new recipes.  I have decided that I really like curry spices and garam masala.  I just need to get more comfortable with these spices and enjoy!  I made a chickpea stew the other night and added both of these spices, even though they weren't called for and it totally made the recipe.  I loved every bite I ate.  I just need to continue to make sure that I keep it healthy, fresh, and fun!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment