Friday, November 12, 2010

Am I Following Through?

Am I following through with who I want to be?  Some times I wonder.  I know my beliefs.  I know how I should be living, but do I follow through.  Have I found my passion yet?  Yes and no!  I think my passion is to live as simply, as healthfully, and as naturally as possible.  Within that, I want to not be as reliant on big chain stores, but unfortunately, it seems that they are the only way to afford things sometimes.  I want to use thrift stores and second hand stores.  I have done well with getting the kids clothes from other moms.  It's more buying things for me that I need to be better at.  Also buying craft supplies is tough, because it is more convenient to go to a big chain store and get eveything you need all at once and it's unfortunately much cheaper.  I have a decent amount of supplies at home, and now I hopefully won't need to spend as much money at the stores, I need to use up what I already have (as I so often say)!

My goal is to make things for people this holiday.  I still have a lot to do, plus I am participating in an apron swap, ao that is one more thing to add to the list, but I am really looking forward to making things for people.  It may be as simple as making a wine bottle sack that the wine goes in, or the envelope that the gift card goes in, but there will be at least something handmade for everyone this Christmas.

I am always working to a healthier me and a healthier family.  I am trying to buy foods that are healthy, cook at home more often, and taking time to stop and think about what I am putting into my and my family's body.  I really need to get myself motivated to get the kids in the stroller and go for a walk.  It's just getting dressed and getting out there and then I'm fine.  I want to buy the "Whole life Nutrtion Cookbook" and follow that style of eating.  I have to continue to eat all the things I am wondering if I am allegic to until I test, then I can make the dietary changes that I want and may need to make.  I have another cookbook that I want to start using.  It's more cooking and eating with the seasons.  I think it will be a healthier way to eat.  i just need to go theough my books and get rid of them if I don't want them.  I will wither free cycle them or donate them.

I am trying to get rid of things that I don't need.  I don't want to be one of these people that has so many belongings, but really has no need or them.  I am close to having way too much stuff, but I am working on using it, getting rid of it and not bringing more into my life that I don't need.

I want to get back on track with only using cleansers that are homemade and naural.  I have stopped using shampoo on my hair so that is one less thing that is unnatural that I need to buy, use on my body, put into the environment.  I have been using a conditioner once a week and sometimes I use a vinegar rinse if I feel like I need it.  My goal is to find a way to make my own conditioner.  I make my own body cream, I am going to learn to make my own soap, and I will use more natural cleansers (think vinegar) vs chemicals!

I will continue to find time to be creative.  It makes me feel so good to make things.  I think it is really important to make time to do the things that we enjoy and I so enjoy creating!

Here's to following through with your passions!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment