Thursday, November 18, 2010

Finished

Yay!!!!!!  I finished my first apron swap project.  Ok, I finished the apron portion, but still have a little more work to do on the tuck-ins.  I am so looking forward to finishing up and sending off the package.  I love making things for others, and then getting a great surprise in return!  I love swaps and really miss participating in them.  I am really looking forward to getting my apron, since I am doing a lot more cooking lately.  And with the holidays around the corner, I will be doing even more.  I want to do a good amount of baking for the neighborhood and get the kids involved.  I still need to complete the tuck-ins which will be
A-angel
N-notecards (angel)
G-ginger tea
E-earrings (angel)
L-lavender/geranium/lemon bath salts

I hope my partner likes her package as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

My first apron folded

A little of the front and most of the back side of the apron



When I was growing up, my grandmother used to always say, wear and apron when you cook or bake.  I can't wait to get my apron and start using it.  I may even have to buy a new book on apron patterns.  I love how my apron came out and I want to make more.  I want to make more that are even a little more challenging.

Lately, I am loving sewing.  I love almost every kind of craft, but lately  sewing seems to be my favorite thing.  I will be working on Christmas cards soon.  We need to get the kids their pictures taken with Santa and then get pictures printed for the cards.  Other than working on Christmas gifts, I plan to do a lot more sewing!

Happy creating!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a good time with it! I love to sew too, but have been crocheting pretty exclusively lately! I have some Christmas gifts that I need to get to work on...better dust of my machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute apron, I'm sure your partner will be thrilled with it. I love making apron but haven't had much time to do so lately. This swap has put me in the mood to make a few more.

    ReplyDelete