Monday, November 1, 2010

Keeping It Real With The Things That I Want To Accomplish

I've been writing a lot about all the things that I want to accomplish.  I've gotten a couple of comments about not over entending myself, and I so appreciate the comments.  I do have a lot on my list of things that I want to accomplish and sometimes, one of my huge down falls is that I do over extend myself and take on too much.  I am really trying to have more of a running list of things that I would like to accomplish vs things that I have to accomplish.  There are some things that are definitely more of a priority than others, and I think that I have my priorities straight (at least for now). 

My first priority is to get the house organized and cleaned.  I have certainly slacked off this past week or so trying to get my costumes completed (my own fault for waiting to the last minute) and now that they are completed, it's time to get on to cleaning and organizing so that things go smoother. 

My next priority is to get at least a weekly dinner plan together, maybe even a monthly.  If I can get a monthly schedule together, especially with the holidays fast approaching, maybe I can save my sanity, especially if I can remember to keep things fluid and not rigid.

My next priority goes right along with the one above.  I need to cook more often and cook healthier versions of what we eat.  I know how I need to eat to feel good, I just don't always understand why I don't always eat that way!  I am meeting with an allergist in a couple of weeks to discuss further allergy testing (food).  Again, I think I can say that I have issues with dairy, but I'm not positive and I don't know if there are other issues that I may have along with dairy.  After the meeting with the allergist, I'll know better what the next step is!

The next priority is to keep creating.  I know that this is going to be tough with 3 little ones, working part time, and trying to keep a house intact, but it is so important to my well being that I need to make this be one of my priorities.  I have set aside time every week on a Monday to create with a friend after work.  Again this is something that is somewhat fluid, but I think it is extremely important for me to keep.  Again, this goes right along with priority number 1.  If life is more organized, I will hopefully have more time to create.  The house will be taken care of, the meals will have been planned, the kids will be set (in bed), and my crafting supplies will be organized so that i can get to what I need to without searching high and low for what I want.  I will also plan and finish projects before starting a new one.  I will no longer leave things to the last second (literally it seems).  My past shows that I tend to wait to the last minute to start a porject, then I rush to complete it.  I have gotten better at getting the supplies I need before it's almost too late, but I still tend to start and finally finish at the last second!  Hopefully, that will be a thing of the past.

I have a long list of things that I want to accomplish, but yet I have them prioritized so that they will get done and I will hopefully be at peace knowing what needs to get done is getting done and then I will have time to work on things that will make be happy and keep me sane!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I am sure you will be fine...I was just saying that you have 3 little kids! 3 of them! I have a 2 yr old, a 4 yr old, 2 7 year olds, a 10 yr old, a 13 yr old and my husband has a 17 yr old. I know what wanting to make new things and enjoy life is all about, but I can't imagine doing it with 2 under the age of 2! ha! I, too, have to figure out how to keep up with the house and the kids and still find time for my new ideas. I love to crochet and sew, but I try to tell myself that all of the basics HAVE TO BE covered each day and I can't just throw everything out the window, because I have a scarf(or something) to make! It makes it easier on me, or I might fall into a hole of yarn and hooks and never come out!

    Sorry for rambling! I just don't want you to think I was talking down to you! More admiring your tenacity, since you work, wrangle kids and create new things too!

    ReplyDelete