Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Outdoor Project Updates

 As you know, my husband and I have been working on a bunch of outdoor projects.  We have completed a butterfly garden and are just waiting for it to bloom more!  I have been working on our front gardens and I'm sure that next year they will need to be done again.  I have a bunch of bulbs and annuals planted, so I think I will need to plant more perennials so that they will come back year after year.  This way we'll save money and I will just need to do up keep vs continuously planting every year.  My husband is also working on the swing set we bought for the kids.  There are so many pieces that it is taking forever to put together.
butterfly garden taken today


 
gardens in the front of the house (looking kind of pathetic)

All 3 gardens have some seed that are just starting to get real leaves, so I'm hoping that it will look better once they grow and bloom.


Our big project, our veggie garden, still looks the same.  Tom still has to till in the fertilizer, then we need to plant.  We spent a ton of money this weekend, buying plants and seeds.  I am amazed that you can still plant veggies from seed.  I am so looking forward to this garden.  I know that the kids are little, but I am so ecstatic that we get to show them a garden and where their food comes from.  I am trying really hard to eat healthier.  Unfortunately, I have gotten away from eating beans and have started eating more meat.  I really don't like that.  I don't know why all of a sudden I started craving meat again.  I had been doing so well eating less meat and want to get back to that way of eating again.  I have put a pork loin in the slow cooker for dinner tonight, but have frozen most of the other meat that I have recently bought.  I probably should have portioned it out so that I only had to take out a small amount at a time.  I am so looking forward to being able to just walk outside to my garden for veggies.  I am hoping that I will not have to frequent the grocery store this summer and hopefully I will be able to save enough to eat some through the winter.


These are pictures of the different plants that we bought for out veggie garden.  We have a bunch of different kinds of veggies and herbs plus seeds!  I can't wait to plant them!



I know have to find time for my creative outlet.    I have so many projects, it's just hard to 
find the time to complete them.  I know that I have repeatedly said that I need to watch less tv, but I really do.  That will give me so much more time.  It's kind of nice that the season is coming to an end and the nice weather is here.  Hopefully I'll get away from the tv and have more time for other interests.

There are so many things that I want to learn and do.  Right now time and money are the things that are holding me back.  I only hope that some day, I will find something that I love to do and be able to make money at it.  I am looking forward to Wishcasting Wednesday over at jamieridlerstudios.ca tomorrow.  It always makes me think.  I also need to go back and look at what I have written in the past and see what I have wanted!

I went on a job interview yesterday.  I applied for the job back in January and finally got an interview.  I am so disappointed that I may get a job for the summer and beyond.  I know that it would help financially, I just wish that I was able to get through this summer without working.  It will be in my field, but I am thinking that I would like to do something outside the box.  Maybe I'll just have to wait til the kids are older and maybe even in school.  Oh, well.  Wish me luck in making whatever decision is best for my family!

Hope you are able to enjoy some nice weather.  We should be close to 90 degrees here in MA and hopefully we can keep cool.

Amy (who is totally craving some iced coffee.  I may be back on the coffee bandwagon at least for the summer)

No comments:

Post a Comment