Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday

It Wednesday again and that means it's time for Wishcasting Wednesday.  Today, Jamie over at jamieridlerstudios.ca asks "What do you wish for your space?"


I wish for peace in my space.  Last summer we bought my in-laws house.  It's a cute ranch house in the town where both me and my husband grew up.  It has a great big backyard that I love.  The only issue is that it is a small house.  We are a family of 5, but my in-laws raised a family of 6 in this house!  The biggest problem is that my husband and I so much stuff and then there is the fact that we have 3 kids that are 26 1/2 months and 16 month twins.  That means that we have a ton of toddler toys and not necessarily the space for them.  It is nice that the warm weather is finally here and some of the toys can go outside, but we still have toys inside, my craft stuff and my husbands wood working stuff, not to mention the other household things that people normally have.  I think for me to have peace in my space, it will mean going through a lot of things and re-evaluating how necessary they really are.  I then need to get rid of what I don't need and organize the things that I want to keep!  The most important thing that I need to remember and follow through with is, "if I don't a have a space for it, don't buy it"!

I really like my house and my yard and need to really buckle down and make this my family's home, not just a house.  Along with having peace inside, I wish to have a peaceful space near my garden to spend some free time in the nice weather.  I also want to have a peaceful space to retreat to when I want to be creative!  Regarding a peaceful space for creativity, it could mean the kitchen table so that my family is near, it could mean the basement away from others depending on my mood.  I just want to have a space where I can enjoy being creative!

What do you wish for your space?


Amy

10 comments:

  1. seeing lots of peacefulness and creativity and organisation sweeping into your home!
    as amy wishes for herself, so i wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can only imagine! i have one child (well, 2 if you count the husband) and keeping clutter at bay is a full time job!

    i also tend to create wherever i can although i finally overcame my resistance to setting up a space in the basement ("I'll be so far away!") and it was the best thing ever! i love not having to pull everything out and put it back when i feel the urge to create. i worked in the dining area before and would madly scramble to stash stuff before having to make dinner. now i can come upstairs with little projects or camp out in the basement (corner of the play area so my daughter can join me) with all my stuff scattered around.

    As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    Oh my you do have your hands full hon!! Our last home was TINY with four of us crammed in there with all the stuff and my art..yup understand this one! I had to pare down a bit. We even considered a rental storage unit for seasonal things. May your space become yours and be uncluttered and calm!!
    Namaste, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Amy wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also. I hope you begin to feel more and more at home and feeling some spaciousness in your space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Amy wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. as Amy wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I hope you find the "home" in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. May peace come to you.

    ReplyDelete