Thursday, December 30, 2010

Organizing

With the new year coming, my goal is to start organizing my life!  I need to organize my week so that I know what I am doing with the kids.  I need to have a plan to get housework and laundry done.  I need a plan so that I can enjoy my hobbies and have my supplies where I can get at them.

I have started a paper organizer that I plan to look at every day to figure out what needs to get done that day.  That is what I would do if I were working, so I am going to still run my life as if I were working.  I am going to get a schedule down so that I know what to expect when.  A friend of mine recommended putting all the different events that are available on the calendar so that I can have options on what to do on what ever day.

I am going to meal plan for at least a week and maybe even a month at a time so that grocery shopping gets done quickly and efficiently and we will hopefully save money!  I will make sure that there are things in the freezer to thaw out in case there is a crazy day in my life (and I never have any of those, right?) and I don't get to cook dinner.  We will be eating out a lot less and eating way more healthy foods.  I will hopefully lose weight in the process. 

As much as I hate to admit it, I really need to build in time to exercise.  I think that if my body were more toned, I would look better than I do right now.  Hopefully I can find a way to build in exercise with the kids so that they see it as fun and not as a chore!

My goal is to have a place for everything and always put everything back in it's place so that the house and our lives stay neat and organized!

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the exercise! Maybe, you could get the kids tiny yoga mats, so they could feel like they were doing it with you, rather than you leaving them out to do something??? I let the girls use the extra mat, but that doesn't stop them from trying to climb all over me...haven't done yoga in a while, but would like to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma B- I love the mini yoga mat idea. I may have to try it. I am also thinking of trying to use them as weights for some strength training. I also want/need to get out and walk if I can deal with the cold. Otherwise, I'll just have to figure out something else!

    ReplyDelete