Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Plans

Since Christmas Eve is tomorrow, then Christmas the next day, I'm sure I won't be writing much.  I still ahve some sewing to do for the holidays.  Hopefully it won't be very extensive and go very quickly.  Nothing like waiting to the last minute, as is usual with me.  There's really only 1 thing that I need to finish and that is the blanket for my baby (18 year old) sister.  I have had a fleece panel for a few years now and I have embroidered her name on it, but haven't finished the edging.  That is the first gift that I need to finish.  I have a few winer sacks to finish and they should go quickly, really just short straight seems.  Then the only other thing is the felt bow tie pasta that I want to make for the kids.  Simple enough, just time consuming.  The worst part of all this is that I am sick and I have little to no energy to complete these things as well as the cooking that I need to do.

For the cooking, I need to finish the truffles and hope they came out ok.  I need to make the nuts, which shouldn't be that hard.  Then there is the coffee cake for Saturday that should be baked tomorrow as it says it is better if it sits over night.  Then there is the bean and rice dish, which is really easy, but I made up the spice mixture as I went along and never wrote anything down.  I hope that this time it comes out as tasty as the last time I made it.  Then Saturday morning, I need to make my casserole.  Once the kids are in bed tonight, I don't think it will be bad, I just need to get the energy to complete things.

I have a couple of more gifts to wrap.  I need to order my husband something online.  Other than what I've listed, I think I am in better shape than in the past.  I can't wait to see the kids faces and hear them Christmas morning.  It is going to be so awesome to watch them open their gifts since they get toys now.  And 1 month from today, the twins will be 2 and we will have more gifts.  Maybe that's when I can give my daughter her handmade doll from mommy!  I'll jsut need to figure out something for my son!  Then a month and a half later my older son will be 3.  I can't believe I've been a mom for almost 3 years.  It's carzy to think about.  I'll have to figure out a handmade by mommy gift for him too!

Merry Christmas,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. mmmm - truffles are one of my favorite homemade gifts to give, too :)

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete