Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Food

Food is one of my biggest struggles.  Along with organizing and housework, food is something that I will always have to work on.  I love food!  I love food that is not good for me!  I really want to eat healthy, but I start off good, then it all goes to pot!  I think sometimes my lack of organizing really gets in my way.  I tried to do good this week and did better than I have in a while with meal planning. Today I went to the mall to do some last minute Christmas shopping and by the time I got home, I never made dinner.  I am trying to move toward a more vegetarian/vegan lifestyle, both from a animal rights perspective and a health perspective.  My husband, for various health reasons, is supposed to be eating a more plant based diet.  This is also something I have been wanting to do for sometime now, so when he was told to limit his intake of animal protein, I thought it would help me get to where I need/want to be.  It has and it hasn't.  With this being Christmas week, I haven't really pushed myself to be really good, but I really should be.  I will be doing moer menu planning after Christmas.  I have one for this week, but I just didn't fallow it today.  I don't want to give my self a break, because everytime I do, I feel like i am just giving myself an excuse to be unhealthy.  So, I am going to hold myself accountable!  I am going to start eating correctly.  I am going to make and follow a meal plan every week.  I am going to start following through with my beliefs!

This will not be the last you hear about my food journey.  There will be ups and downs, but hopefully more ups.  I am going to be accountable to myself and I am going to hold myself accountable for following through with mybeliefs and desires to be a healthy eater.  I will be eating more homemade foods and be hopefully trying new vegetariam/vegan recipes and I will be totally eliminating the foods that aer on my allergen list from my blood test.  I really should also meet with the dietician to talk about how I should be eating.  Hopefully my next posts about food will be positve ones with the changes that I want to make!

Merry Christmas!

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady, do what you have to do, without making yourself feel like every little hitch in the road is a failure! I am pretty good at being hard on myself! I am strict with a lot of things in life...having so many kids will do that to a person! I almost always eat only hormone free meats, but have had to make a few exceptions, because I have to have protein and in times of bad weather or just being extremely busy our little local store does not stock much of anything that is hormone free, or organic. I don't like it, but whatever. Also, I was at the deli, getting turkey, the other day and was absolutely starving, so the lady behind the counter asked me if I wanted a cracker with cheese ball spread on it. I tried it and then asked what it was...delightful...until she said it had bacon in it. Guess what, I bought one anyway! I don't eat any pork or red meat. Um, I have had a few crackers with that cheese ball on it every day since I got that dumb thing! Do I feel bad? Maybe, maybe not, but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying just a tiny bit of it.

    Jeez, sorry for the book, as usual, but I just want you to know that baby steps are better than nothing and taking a step back from time to time is normal human behavior. We are not perfect. God knows that! We are just supposed to do our best at being us!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I can totally relate to your food journey. I am a sugar and carb junkie and I know that they are the worst foods for me. I usually do a cleanse 3 times a year and then eliminate sugar and gluten from my diet for as long as I can. I do great when I have totally eliminated them. For me, I moderation is non existent. I wish you and your bubby much such success in the new year with your food program.

    ReplyDelete