Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Handmade Christmas

As I've written, I had a plan to have a handmade Christmas.  Due to my lack of organizational skills, I have a somewhat handmade Christmas.  I have completed 3 aprons for the kids.  I have 3 wine sacks to sew, which should tak eno time to complete.  I made silhouettes of the kids for my mom and step-father.  I have a couple of handmade faux food items for the kids that I have to complete.  I had wanted to make a doll for my daughter, but I don't think that it is going to happen before Christmas.  I had planned to make a quilt for my husband with pictures of our life together since we got married 3 1/2 years ago, especially since we got engaged on Christmas, but that too may be a work in progress.  I may be able to give him some pieces that I complete, but there is no way that it will be even remotely completed by Christmas.

I think I may be totally running out of time, given that Christmas is a mere 3days a way.  At this point, I am going to complete the wine sacks since they are easy, work on the quilt for my husband, and last but not least, maybe even finish a blanket that was meant for my baby (18 years old) sister many Christmas' ago.  Even this is a little overwhelming to think about given that it is Tuesday and Christmas is Saturday.  I have an errand to do after work, then it is home to sew at least the wine sacks and clean off my bed.  The other problem is that I am starting to get sick, but I just need to push through it and do what needs to be done so that I can have things finished or at least started enough to have something for Christmas. Unfortunately there is also all the cooking that I have to do, but that shouldn't be too bad.  I think I may have actually organized all that.

I continue to work on organizing my life. I may get a subscription to Real Simple, since it was a recommendation in one of the comments.  I'm not exactly sure what I want to use for an organizing tool, but I am researching and using what I have access to at the moment.  maybe next year, if I get organized, I can have a more handmade Christmas.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment