Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thoughts

I think I love Wishcasting Wednesdays even more now than I ever did.  This blog has seemed to take on a new direction in some ways than when I first started it a little over a year ago.  I started this blog to talk about my thoughts and feelings on living a more natural and handmade life.  I still talk about these things, but I am also talking more about what I want out of life, what my hopes, dreams, and desires are, what my passions are and how can I fulfill them.  Fortunately these things fit right into living a more natural and handmade life, but sometimes, I think it may not come across that way.  Wishcasting Wednesday gives me a promopt about what I should write about for that day and usually it also helps to focus what I really want in life.  It also allows me to have others hear my wishes and comment on them.  I often feel less alone after writing a wishcasting post.  I would lover to meet these other bloggers who comment on my blog and whose blog I comment on.  Unfortunately, I don't get to read these blogs as often as I would like, or if I do read them, I often don't have time to comment and I wish I did!

Yesterday wish, for example, was "How do you wish to come out of your shell?".  This wish had a very special meaning for me since I tend to often be in my shell.  I wrote about being more of an introvert, which makes meeting new people really difficult.  It makes living life really difficult.  I'm sure that I'll always have one friend that is extremely important to me, like I always have in my life, but I want to have lots of friends that I can share things with.

Being an introvert also means that I'm often scared of putting myself out there regarding my creativity.  I love being creative and making things.  I love having the desire to give things away as gifts.  What I hate is the feeling of dread that I often get when I think about giving someone something and having them not like it, not respect how much time it took and how much love is often put into everything I make.  I have a huge desire to attempt to make a living out of my passion for creating, but I am so fearful that I will fail in this endeavor that I put it off.  I did start another blog with the name of my etsy.com shop. This is mainly a place where I will talk about the creative process and hopefully post pictures of the projects that I am working on.  The next step is to actually have projects posted in my shop.  I will get there someday.  The other thing that I want to spend time on is trying to meld my social work career with my love of creativity.  That may be another thing that I can post about on my other blog http://amy-fratto-designs.blogspot.com/

I love trying to eat healthy and cook healthy.  I, unfortunately, often fail at this.  I often feel like I am addicted to eating food that is bad for me.  I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't seem to keep myself eating healthy.  I'm sure that this has a lot to do with issues about how I feel about me, but one day I'll get to the point where I really am taling care of me!

The last thing that I am totally passionate about is using handmade beauty products.  Hopefully ones that I have made myself, but also ones that are naturally made by others.  I having been using my own deodorant, my own hair gel, and need to get back to my homemade toothpaste.  Ineed to get back to using more natural household cleansers and using my cloth diapers more.

This is quite a long post and I kind of spilled my guts on my feelings, but it feels good to put it out there.  I think it is good for me to have a place to write about my feelings, thoughts, fears and have others able to read them instead of just me!

Thanks for reading!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment