Monday, September 20, 2010

Healthy Eating

Again, I am attempting to find the right diet that will get me to the right weight range and also help make me healthier.  Along with that, I want to start my kids off eating right so that they are not faced with the same difficulties with food as I am!  My husband found this diet, the name of which alludes me now, but it actually makes sense to me.  It may not to some people, but it really does to me.  Basically, and I'm sure that there is more to it than just this, but wheat and sugar are bad for your health.  I need to eliminate wheat, gluten, yeast due to my IgG ELISA test resulting stating that I am allergic to these and other foods, so eliminating wheat is something I need to do anyway.  Sugar, I really should eliminate or at least drastically cut back on it since there is the thought that I may have an issue with Candida too.  I had an awful day so far, but after I had my lunch, I made the absolute decision that I am actually going to do this.  This morning, I ate a bagel from Dunkin Doughnuts, then for lunch I had a frozen pizza.  How bad is that?  I am supposed to be eliminating milk, cheese, wheat, gluten and yeast, all of which are in everything I've had so far, not to mention the coffee with cream that I had.  Now, I don't know if this is any realtion to the food that I ate, but I definitely have a headache now.  I have to say that lately,  I have been having an issue with word finding, concentration, not being able to keep a straight train of thought.  I am totally assuming that this is related to my diet, especially since I got back my food allergy results.  It will be really interesting to see how these symptoms change once I eliminate the allergens from my diet, or even if they change at all.  I'm wondering what pysical symptoms I'll notice gone.  I think I'll notice a change with my digestion, maybe my energy level, skin, allergies, headaches.  I made almond crusted chicken for dinner tonight and my husband really liked it and so did the kids.  The best part was it was easy.  I attempted to m,ake a pudding using avacados.  It came out decent, but I think I need to run it through the blender to make it smoother and also add milk to make it thinner.  If this works out, I will be so excited.  Healthy chocolate?  What more could a girl want? 

I will be documenting my trials and tribulations of this elimination diet adventure.  I know it won't be easy, but I think I'll feel better eventually and isn't that what it's all about?  I just have to stay the course and get to the point where I actually feel better and then I know it will be worth it!  Please forgive all the failures that I have.  This is a huge undertaking for me and I think having a place to document how I'm feeling through all of this will be really helpful.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment