Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall!

Yeah, fall is here.  Most people think I'm crazy when I say that I am happy that fall is here.  I absolutely hate the summer heat and humidity that we get here in New England, but I also hate the winters that we get.  But, I absolutely love fall.  It is my favorite time of the year.  I love the weather, I love the smell in the air, I love the foods that you tend to eat more often, I  love apple picking, I love the fall fairs, I love the clothes that get worn, and I love Halloween (which is so much more fun now that I have kids).

Speaking of Halloween, this will be the 1st year since I have had kids that I will actually get to enjoy trick or treating with them.  Michael's 1st Halloween, I was pregnant with the twins and put on bed rest 2 days prior.  Last year, we got to go to a Halloween party for the twins group, but my sister got married on Halloween so we didn't get to do trick or treating.  Halloween of 2008, I made Michael a costume of the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.  In the past I had made Tom a scarecrow and I was Dorothy,  My plan was to sew me a new costume as the wicked witch since I was pregnant.  That didn't happen since I was on bed rest, but Tom and Michael got dressed up and went around the neighborhood.  Last year I made the twins' costumes and they were the scarecrow and Dorothy, so we had 2 scarecrows and 1 Dorothy.  I was supposed to be Dorothy too, but I didn't fit into the costume.  It's that time of year again, to start thinking about sewing Halloween costumes.  This year, I think I want to make costumes to go to King Richard's Faire, which will double as our Halloween costumes.  Today I went to the fabric store an got patterns for me and Eva Rose.  I plan to make us gypsies.  I haven't totally decided on the boys yet.  I can't wait to make them and also to go to the twins group party and actually trick or treating with the 3 kids!

I also can't wait to go apple picking.  We took Michael apple picking when I was pregnant with the twins and then we took all 3 kids last year.  This year all 3 kids are walking so it should be interesting to try to keep control.  I love taking pictures of the kids while we are apple picking.  I love making apple pie and apple crisp and apple dumplings and pretty much anything apple.

If you can't tell by this post, I truly love fall.  Now that I have kids I love it even more!  I am not looking forward to winter, but I am only going to focus on enjoying fall!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. You think New England is hot and humid? Really. Seriously? Most summers, I barely break out my summer clothes. Can you tell I'm not a New Englander? :)

    But I like fall, too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete