Thursday, September 23, 2010

Current Projects

I have a couple of projects that I have either recently finished or am in the process of finishing, or am thinking about starting for Christmas gifts.  This past weekend, I just finished a fall wreath for our door that I think came out really good.  In fact I was so happy with it that I decided to make a gift of one for my mom to thank her fall all the babysitting she has done, so I went out this morning and bought the items to make a wreath for her.  Then earlier today, one of the blogs I follow posted about making pants out of old t-shirts.  I just had to try this and they actually came out pretty good even though I flew through the cutting and sewing.  I can only imagine how they would have come out if I had taken my time with them.

I have a scarf on teh needles that is just a simple garter stich scarf.  I am considering this for a Christmas gift for one of my sisters.  I'm sure that I have a bunch of works in progress (WIPs) that I just can't seem to think of right now, but I know that there are a ton of things that I have to finish.

I want to make two wine cozies for my sister and sister in law.  I want to make a scarecrow for the house.  I want to make things for the kids for Christmas.  I like the idea of making gifts for people instead of just buying something that is mass produced.  I just have to get over my fear of people not liking what I make!  I am also planning on making the cake for my mom's 60th birthday.  I'm really excited about that.

I need to get my Christmas list organized so that I can start on projects for people.  This way I won't be stuck with last minute things and then ending up buying the mass produced gifts that I don't want to buy!  I have soem housekeeping to do before I really get started on projects, but the new fall tv season starts this week and I want toat least watch the season premiere of things, so I may just try to be productive while watching tv and deal with house stuff later.  We'll see, but I  know that I need to work on things so that I can be more sane in life.  I aslo need to get organized (like I keep saying) so that I can feel like I can take the time to do my creative things.  I also plan on getting the kids to make some gifts for family members, so I get to be creative with them.  I want to start getting them to do some thing creative every day.   Maybe in tie I can use that time to be creative too. 

My last thing that I want to post about is scrapbooking.  I wish I had thought a little about this today at the craft store.  I want to get an organizer so that I can slowly work on pages for the kids scrapbook, instead of leaving it til they are too old and I give up.  I have enough pictures, I just need to print them out and get them into an album with some journaling along with the pictures.  And last but not least for to do projects is halloween bags.  This is the first year that the kids will get to go trick or treating.  I need to make them bags and finalize their costumes (if I am making new ones, or if I am just modifying the cowboy outfit I have for Eva Rose and do a somewhat Toy Story theme)!

Wish me luck in getting things done!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment