Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Plans

My goal of not drinking soda is still going strong.  It sounds silly/stupid, but it's been 2 weeks since Ifirst wrote about giving up soda and I haven't had any since then.  I feel really good about that, and now I need to add another goal to this so that I keep making good/healthy changes in my life.  I think the next goal should be to eliminate dairy from my life.  I do it for the kids, but I haven't yet done it for me and I really should!  I will be looking for dairy free alternatives!  this is not going to be easy, but it is something that I have to do!

My next non-food/health goal is to actually finish my mother's prayer shawl.  I have two granny square blocks finished and have a bunch started that I need to finish.  I also want to make her some chemo caps in case she loses her hair after the chemo, which starts tomorrow.  My goal is once I finish the ones for my mom, I will make more to donate.  This has been some thing that I've wanted to do for some time now, but I just haven't followed through.  I have a ton more projects to work on, mostly for the kids, so I want to seet aside a specific time to work on some projects to donate.  I really want to spend some of my time creating things that can make others happy.  Tonight, there are a bunch of shows that I like to watch, so working on granny squares is an excellent thing to do so that I can feel productive while I watch TV.  I have so many more projects to work on, that I really need to schedule time to do them, but first things first, I need to get the things for my mom done!

The next goal I have is to put together a schedule for the kids so that we can get things packed into our day and I can feel like a productive parent.  I can keep the house clean and some what organized.  I want to do what's best for them and I think having a schedule will help.  It will help having the days with warmer weather, though we could be getting mroe snow in the next couple of days, but that's New England for you.  I jsut need to figure out what we can do for activities now that Michael is in pre-school.  It will be nice just having the twins for a couple of hours, but I am still stressing over making sure that I am home in time for Michael's bus.

I'm off to work on my granny squares.  I will be working toward making a schedule for me and the kids so that we all get what we need out of our days!  Any scheduling suggestions, other than classes that cost money?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment