Monday, March 28, 2011

Cancer Support and New Projects!

So, I did it.  I made the decision to cut my hair short and I love it!  As I posted earlier, I initially started thinking about this because my mom was trying to decide between chemo or no chemo and one of her concerns was losing her hair.  I thought that I could make the sacrifice of cutting my hair which I had been growing for about a year and a half, then I thought that maybe that really wasn't that much a a support.  the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to cut my hair, not just for my mom but for me.  I love my hair short, but for some reason, I thought that I should grow my hair long (I also wanted to save money and time).  So in support of my mom and all those who lose their hair to chemo, I chopped off my hair.

Also, in support of Cancer, I started my first prayer shawl.  I attempted to say a prayer while I was knitting it, but I found that I couldn't knit and pray at the same time, so I may just have to say a prayer at the end.  I am hoping that it comes out nice and that I can give it to my mom for when she has her treatments.  Unfortunately, she starts her treatments this week so I know it won't be ready for when she starts, but if I work really hard , hopefully she can have it for later.  I am following a pattern, and it's an easy pattern and I know how to follow a pattern, but it seems like it is going to be really small.  I  may have to look at doing another shawl for my mom and give this one to someone smaller.  I also want to start on some chemo caps for my mom and maybe in time for others.  I may be able to do prayer hats where I can pray while I knit the hat.  I've never heard of prayer hats, but what the heck, if you are praying for someone to get well, can't you pray while making anything for that person.  I'm off to look at chemo cap patterns and pick one for my mom.  Any suggestions?

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Do you feel awesome that you made a decision on it?! I just chopped mine too, which is ironic because I finally changed my sidebar pic to look more like my hair is, but not anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete