Friday, March 4, 2011

Operation Get Organized To Start Tonight

I've written about my need to get organized and I have made a few small changes, but I now need to go full force and "just do it".  When I go home tonight, I will put the kids to bed and start cleaning and organizing one room, maybe my husband will even do one room, and then we can have 2 rooms done (we only live in a five room house not counting the basement and the garage.  If he and I can tackle the kitchen and the living room tonight, that means just the bedrooms will be left and one of those bedrooms is the kids room which is actually not going to be bad to clean since there is not much in that room.  My room and the spare room are going to be tough.  I even thing that the kitchen and the living room are not going to be bad.  The thing is, once we have it clean and organized, we need to keep it that way.  I need to remind myself that even tough I am tired, ok exhausted at night, if i do a little each night to maintain it, it will only take a short time.  One of my friends recommended http://flylady.net and since I've already looked at her web site, I know that she is a major advocate of making sure that you have a shiny sink before you go to bed, for example.  This means, don't leave a sink load of dishes to wake up to the next morning because it will totally get out of hand before you know it.  Another example she recommends wiping down the sink in the bathroom after you finish your morning routineI just need to do these things not just talk about doing them.  I am tired of feeling overwhelmed with my house.  I am tired of feeling to tired to do what needs to be done.  I need to keep on top of things so that I can not be as stressed as I am right now.  I need to stop watching tv, which is something that I never used to do.  I am on my way  to Fly lady's website now to remind myself what I need to do tonight and ongoing.

Instead of just writing about what I need to do, I am going to actually do it.  Maybe one of my next posts will be my house is clean and organized and I am maintaining it the way I want to!

Any other suggestions on maintaining a clean and organized house are greatly appreciated!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment