Friday, August 13, 2010

Inspiration

I have been reading many blogs lately and am totally getting inspired.  Currently, the blog that I am most enjoying is blog.healthy-green-lifestyle.com.  There are so many recipes I want to try.  I just need to make the time to start cooking healthier for my family.  I am starting to get better, but I have a very long way to go.  One of my newest goals is to start making homemade yogurt and granola.  We have started to eat yogurt almost every day as well as granola.  I have been buying stoneyfield yogurt which I love, but I would rather make my own.  I have a friend who makes her own yogurt and I plan to ask her for some advice.  I did get a granola recipe from a neighbor and can't wait to try it out.  blog.healthy-green-lifestyle.com also has a protein bar recipe that I am dying to try as well as pumpkin ice cream that has no milk or cream in it.  I can't wait!  There are so many recipes I want to try.

Like I said in my previous post, my husband was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome.  This really means that as the primary meal planner for the house, it is my responsibilty to plan meals that will help him hopefully resolve his metabolic syndrome or at least make it so that it is not a major issue in his life.  Along with that, we will hopefully both be losing weight, my blood pressure will go down and my kids will have a better start to eating healthy given that they are so young.

Unfortunately, the plan for dinner tonight is not all that healthy.  I had bought a calzone the other day and I don't want to waste it.  I plan to have a better start tomorrow.  Tonight after work, I plan to go home and make some ice cream.  I want to try the pumpkin one first, but I think I have all the ingredients for the other one at home, so that will be my first try.  I plan to research more healthy eating, going in the direction of weight loss, lowing blood pressure, and helping with metabolic syndrome.

Check back for more info once I actually get the chance to make some of these delicious recipes!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment