Friday, July 15, 2011

Creativity

Since most of my posts lately have been about food and diet, I thought I would change things up and write a little about my creativity, or lack there of.  I haven't been very motivated to be creative.  It could be that I am a wife, a mom of 3 under 3, work part time, trying to cook healthy, trying to keep a clean/somewhat organized house (focus on trying), or maybe it's just that I've been lazy.  My friend Liz over at http://www.goddessinprogress.com, really inspires me.  This week, after my darling 2 1/2 year old daughter started waking up around 5:30 am sometimes earlier, I decided that I needed to actually make the light blocking shades that I had been planning on for quite some time.  Then I decided that the windows needed new curtains to go along with the space themed shades.  So now my kids have their new curtains and shades and they have actually been sleeping til 7:00 am! 

I am now inspired to move on to the quilts for my kids as well as the projects for my newest niece who will be joining us in about 1 1/2 months.  I am still in the process of figuring out the quilt pattern for my kids as well as for my niece.  I am also planning on making some burp cloths for her too.  So I am now off to try to find good patterns for the quilts.  At first, I had thought about just making space themed quilts for the boys since the plan is for their rooms to be space themed.  The drawback is that my daughter shares a room with them too.  Do I make her the same quilt?  Do I make her the shabby chic inspired quilt that I had planned to make her?  Or, do I make her a space themed quilt that is a little more girly than the boys, but that will still have elements of the boys quilts so that they coordinate?  I've decided that we have entirely too many boy themed toys and we need to start encouraging some girl themed play, for all 3 kids!  I think  my daughter needs a quilt that is somewhat girly, but one that will coordinate with the boys quilt.  Any thoughts?  My friend Liz also inspires me to go beyond the traditional quilt block and try something a little different.  I can't wait to see what I come up with.

I have many projects, almost too many.  I really need to stay inspired so that I can get some things accomplished.  I find that I really enjoy being creative, especially sewing.  I don't always enjoy the process, it's something I need to work on.  One thing I need to do is give myself enough time to complete a project so that I don't stress about a deadline!  If I am not stressed about a deadline (which due to my chronic procrastination I often am), I do enjoy the process.  The one thing I always enjoy is the outcome!  I can always guarantee that I love the results especially if it comes out the way I want, but if not I'm still usually satisfied that I was able to create something.

Hopefully I can get some projects completed and post some pictures.  Also, not to rush things along, but I want to get started thinking about Christmas gifts.  Again, I find creating much more enjoyable when I am not stressed about a deadline, like I'm sure most people!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment