Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Latest Project

My friend T.J. from http://www.any-given-moment.blogspot.com, asked about my latest projects that I plan to make for my newest niece.  She was wondering if I am going to use a pattern or make up my own.  I guess the answer to that question is both.  I plan on using this basic design here at http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/09/ribbon-blanket-and-block.html and then moving on to make it my own.  I plan to use 4 monkey wrench blocks since my sister is doing a monkey theme.  I figured I would go with some traditional and some very basic blocks so that it is simple yet personalized.  I am also planning on trying the ribbon block from that same site also.  For the burp cloths, I am just planning on adding a personalized strip down the middle and maybe the bottom of some pre-made cloth diapers.  I got some like that for my 3 kids and I love them.  I am trying to figure out what to do with them now since I no longer need burp cloths and I would rather not use those for dust rags.  Actually, after writing this post, I am thinking I am going to pull out my embroidery attachment to my sewing machine and embroider the squares for the ribbon block as well as personalize it with my nieces name Hannah!

So T.J., when I finish my project, I will post pictures.  Maybe I'll even post some in progress pictures.  I can't wait to find time to actually make these gifts!  I am really looking forward to it!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment