Saturday, November 7, 2009

handmade body products

I have slowly started to add handmade products to what I use on a daily basis.  It started with handmade pomade, then moved on to some simple household cleansers.  My biggest love is my deodorant.  I found a recipe for coconut oil, baking soda, and corn starch along with essential oils.  I hated using the store bought kind that would leave me feeling dirty and filmy no matter how much I washed.  I even tried natural store bought deodorants, but they either didn't work or still had stuff I didn't want in them.  I have been loving what I have been using.  I am at the point where I think I have cleaned out my system enough that if I forget deodorant, it doesn't really matter.  I will still be using my handmade deodorant every day, but feel better knowing that I will not stink if I run out with out.  My husband was just saying the same thing and he just started using it.  I have just started, within the last couple of days, using castile soap watered down with jojoba and essential oils for a facial cleanser and so far I love it!  I don't have that greasy feeling after a couple of hours, yet I feel really clean.  The other thing I am trying is a tiny bit of castile soap, avocado oil, water and a drop of german chamomile and lavender essential oil used with flannel cloths for diaper changes as well as corn starch and the same oils for powder.  So far I love it.  I also tried just water and german chamomile and lavender and flannel cloth and may stick with that for home but the other for when we are out as it is more portable.  One day, I 'll try my owns soap.

Attempting to live a more natural life, but not always doing the best!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment