Friday, June 8, 2012

Juicing

A while ago, I joined in with BzzAgent to help test out products.  Recently I tested out Neutrogena products and was very pleased with how smooth the eyeliner was.  I was just asked to test out some juicing info.  I joined in to try Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (which I have watched before and really enjoyed), as well as a new program, join the reboot, which I have not heard of.  I am really looking forward to re-watching the movie as it helps to keep me motivated.

As I've shared, I have the gene mutation for the BRCA2 gene which places me more at risk for breast and ovarian cancer, as well as a small higher chance for pancreatic and skin cancer.  At this point, I have opted to forgo prophylactic surgery for a more holistic approach to cancer prevention, meaning, I am looking to change my diet and increase my exercise as well as change my reaction to stress.  

I have been running for the last 4 months, with the goal of running every other day.  I have also been making green smoothies for the last 4 months also.  I haven't been as good as I should have been, and I really think that re-watching this movie will help me to keep motivated.  Even if I didn't have a higher cancer risk, I have to admit that I would still be interested in doing the lifestyle changes that I am making.  I have tried juicing my smoothies, basically straining them through a milk bag type strainer.  It's not as easy as I would like, but maybe if I learn more that juicing is more beneficial, I will maybe invest in a juicer.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment