Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shyness, Introverted Personality and Goal of Selling

Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post.  It's kind of amazing how many people can share similar feelings.

After writing this post, I kept thinking about it, especially after reading each comment.  Along with being an introverted person, I am very shy.  I have been trying to work on my shyness as well as trying to be more out there when it comes to larger group settings.  There are times, even in my professional career where I have to be able to deal with group situations, not just one on one situations.

One of my goals is to maybe start an etsy.com page and also sell at craft fairs.  Being an introvert makes this goal really difficult.  I attempted to help a family member a couple of years ago at a craft fair and I didn't do so well.  My shyness, my unease at trying to interact with large numbers of people, and my fear of failure (Would I say something wrong?  Would people not want to interact and talk to me?) made this more difficult.  Since I really want to try to sell things I make, maybe I can overcome some of this shyness and start being a little more extroverted and stop worrying about what others might think of me.

I love to create and my next goal within my creative goal is to organize a place and a time to create and make nice things.  I am hoping that if I can find time and a place to create where I don't have to set up and take down every time, then maybe I can actually get thing made and made well.  Maybe I can practice and work on my learning curve issue.  Part of the problem is that my brother in law is staying with us and is staying in our basement where I would normally set up my craft station.  Now that I have the kids in bed earlier and I have more time to myself at night, I would love to spend that time creating at least once in a while.

I am hoping to get more proficient and feel more comfortable so that I can believe that I can meet my goal of selling what I make!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment