Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Newest Projects

My friend Liz over at http://www.goddessinprogressblog.com/quilts/ posted a fun bag she made from http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/free-diaper-bag-pattern.html.  I couldn't wait to make this bag and I finally pulled out a bench of material to make it.  I love that I used some material that I had bought before my wedding (shhhhh, don't tell anyone, I was supposed to make bridesmaids gifts that never happened).  I Love how it came out!  I can't wait to make another one.  I probably have enough material at home but not the interfacing (which I didn't use for my first bag). 


Sewing this bag re-ignited my passions for sewing and any other craft related item.  I just joined in a table runner swap over at http://flirtyapronswap.blogspot.com/.  I am so excited!  I love aprons, but I love that this is a table runner swap.  We are in the process of making some small renovations to our kitchen so this will be a nice addition to the kitchen!  I missed out on the last swap since it was during the summer.  I just figured that there wouldn't be enough time to sew it and get it out in the mail, but with school back in session, I think this will work, plus I am trying to tell my husband that we both need to make time for our hobbies (he needs to get back into his wood shop), but we are just so tired by the time the kids go to bed!

I have so many projects that I want to do.  I really need to start working on the kids Halloween costumes.  I can't wait to make them, but I am not looking forward to cutting and sewing satin material.  I probably shouldn't complain, but I hate the slipperiness of the material.  After that, I really need to start on my Christmas gifts.  I am really hoping to make a lot of our gifts this year, partly for financial reasons, but also partly because I love it.  I am really finding that I need to make time for my creativity and I hope that I can really make a point to do what I love!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment