Friday, September 16, 2011

Projects That I Need To Start!

I have a couple of capes that I need to sew.  I found a link to the the capes (http://www.georgialeigh.com/?p=57) at my friends blog http://www.goddessinprogressblog.com/quilts/.  My son Thomas is thrilled when we help him "fly" and he says superman.  I decided to make all 3 kids the same cape so that there wouldn't be any fights over them.  They love "Super Why" on sprout so I decided that I will be making the super why applique for the back of the cape.  This seems like such a simple project, that even though I have other projects to make, I am going to start with the capes.

The next project I need to work on  are the Halloween costumes.  I think they will be somewhat easy, but maybe time consuming, so I really need to start soon.  I have all or at least most of the material to start cutting.  I am hoping that I can get my serger to have the right tension since I think it will make a nicer product.  The kids are going to be a maiden and squire.  I am also hoping to get to King Richard's Faire this year and I would love for them to be able to wear a costume to the fair.

I also have a bunch of projects to start for Christmas.  The most important projects are for the kids, then my husband and then my mom.  There are quilts to make, toys to make, maybe even jewelry to make, maybe some knitting or crocheting, never mind the potential of making my own Christmas cards.  I haven't been very good at making time to complete projects.  I feel so much better when I do, but for some reason, I have just been finding anything and everything else to do.  I am hoping that with have a routine back, I will be able to get myself into a routine with laundry, house cleaning, kids, and time to create as well as making time to sleep.

I have a lot on my plate, but I am really going to try to find time to create.  I should plan some take along projects so that when I am at work and it is slow, I can be productive vs just sitting on the computer.  I am thinking that knitting and crochet projects are good projects to take along to work as well as maybe some small hand sewing projects!

A little ambitious, but I am really looking forward to this.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment