Thursday, September 22, 2011

Living The Life I Want

This week, I missed out on wishcasting Wednesday.  This week the question was, "What do you wish to immerse yourself in?" As I sit here and type, I am thinking about that question.  Even though I missed writing about my wish on Wednesday, there is no reason why I still can't write about it today!  I love Wishcasting Wednesday, because it makes me sit and really think.  I get a chance to sit and write down my wishes instead of just keeping them to myself.

My answer this week is, "I wish to immerse myself in my passions!".  The question is how do I do that?  I have 3 kids and we have enough money to live, but not enough extra to play with.  The good thing is, that over time, I think my passions may save us money, I just have to find the time to learn.  My passion is what this blog is all about, living a handmade and natural life.  I am starting to cook more instead of going out to eat, I am trying to use the crafting supplies I have instead of buying new, I am trying to make a lot of my own health and beauty products.  I want and need to learn more though!  I want to learn more about aromatherapy, herbs, natural beauty products, gardening, crafting responsibly, cooking good healthy food that tastes good also.

My newest thing I want to learn is soap making.  I need to get a good simple tutorial with a list of the basic supplies I need.  I don't have a ton of extra money to spend, but we are spending a lot on buying good soap so I know in the end it will be worth it.  I also have to stop worrying about making it.  Someone told me that it can be dangerous so I should do it with someone who knows what they are doing.  That has me a little worried, but I am sure that I can do it fine, as long as I take my time and read directions carefully (good directions).  I have been making cream with essential oils, now it is time to move on to bigger and better.  I just need to learn more about waht essesntial oils are good for certain things.  Time to pull out the books!

Any thoughts on good resources for herbs, aromatherapy, etc?

Amy

1 comment:

  1. I wish for you to be immersed in a natural and homemade life as well! I buy my herbs from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ I haven't made any soaps, but I do make balms and herbal infusions that i learned about through Susun Weed. http://www.susunweed.com/An_Article_Weed_Self-help1.htm Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete