Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eating beef

So, last night, I attempted to eat some beef that I had in the freezer.  It was the first time that I had eaten meat since I watched Food Inc.  I knew that the movie had affected me, but I had no idea how much.  I could barely choke down 1/2 of the small piece that I had.  My husband and son scoffed down theirs, plus my husband ate mine.  I ate my mashed potatoes and my kohlrabi, but even had a hard time with that since I really didn't like eating the beef.  I am pretty much off meat now and have little to no desire to have any.  I will cook it for my husband and the kids, but at the moment, that is it.  I am trying to find any good vegetarian recipes.  Mainly because I have no idea how to eat vegetarian and be healthy, but also because I want to be adventurous and try new things.  I am thinking about maybe going back to work either nights or weekends to help contribute to the family, but really have no desire to do therapy.  Part of me thinks that I would love to do some sort of grass roots community organizing surrounding the whole organic, green, lifestyle, helping people to become more educated about their health and well being!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment