Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Crafting

This year, I had wanted to have a handmade Christmas.  I have some what managed this goal, but not as much as I would have liked.  As usual, I didn't plan well and I am so far behind!  I am getting there, but I need to spend some more time actually finishing up certain things.

I have 1 of 2 stockings completed.  I have 2 mostly finished, but I need to embroider names on the cuffs, and then sew on the cuffs.  Not too much to complete, but enough that I really need to get it finished.


I made one new felt ornament, but I still need to finish sewing 2 more.  I have them all cut out, I just need to finish hand sewing.


I finished 2 pillow cases, and have 1 more to finish sewing.  They came together so easy and I really like how the boys came out.  I can't wait to pull out my sewing machine and finish my daughter's pillow case!


We made a Santa plate to leave cookies for Santa Christmas Eve.  I used a project that I found on pinterest, only I used Bic markers, not sharpies.  I read that Sharpies didn't work as well as the reports said they did.  I have to admit, I just now remembered, I didn't cure it in the oven (though I did read that the oven curing didn't matter).  I guess I should through the plate in the oven just in case it makes a difference.

I still have some pj bottoms to make.  I didn't even want to attempt the tops.  I know I have a limited time to finish everything, so I have to do what I can.  I have a bunch of soap that I made and plan on giving for gifts.  I am going to try to see what else I can easily make so that I can give out handmade gifts like I want, but not things that people don't want.

I'm loving my new sewing machine.  My Sofia2 sews wonderful and is so light.  It is so easy to take it out and put it away.  I can even do the simple embroidery on the cuff of the stocking on my Sofia.  As much as I shouldn't have really spent the money and I should have gotten a less expensive machine, I am so happy that I have this one.  I love it and I love using using it.  I have been thrilled with Babylock products.  Totally recommend getting one!

Have a great Holiday,
Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment