Monday, December 10, 2012

Re-Evaluating

Sometimes I feel like a big fake!  I spout off all these beliefs that I have, yet I don't always follow through with them.  It seems like I'm all talk and no action sometimes.  Yet, I guess since the name of this blog is "The Balance of Living a Handmade and Natural Life", I should focus more on the balance piece of things, something I don't always do well at.

A lot of time, I find myself thinking I need to do things in an all or nothing manner.  I forget that I don't have to follow things 100% of the time, I just need to follow my beliefs most of the time.  Balance is something that I really need to work on!

I was trying to live a lifestyle that is mostly free from animal products thinking that it was a more healthy way to live.  It probably is a better way to live, but then again, it's all about balance!  The problem is, a) I think I really do like meat, and b) my kids really, I mean really like meat.  I am trying to lose weight, but I need to make a lifestyle change not just a diet.  I want and need to start making more of my own food vs buying prepared foods just because it is easier.  I need to plan better, then it won't be an issue and i will be living that handmade and natural life with my food choices for me and my family.

I need to start making sure that I take time to create.  I know that I feel so much better when I do.  I have a bunch of WIP's (works in progress), but my latest project that I need to finish are family Christmas stocking!  I have finished my daughter's and am almost finished with my sons', then I need to start on mine and my husband's.  We all have some, but mine is from when I was a kid and my husband's and my kids' all need to have better made stockings!  I have a lot to work on and maybe some day I'll even be able to sell some things that I make.  That is one goal that I have and hopefully I'll be able to actually meet it.

Balance is the key to having a happy life.  For me, I need to remember that it is not an all or nothing thing when it comes to my beliefs.  I don't have to always make things from scratch, wether it is food or anything else, but it is important for me to try to make things as often as possible.  I will try to remember that I can buy things from the store already made, but I need to follow through with my belief that I want to make things for me and my friends and family.  Maybe my next posts will be more about projects that I have completed or projects that I am trying to complete!

My daughter's new Christmas stocking!

1 comment:

  1. OOOH the stocking is beautiful! I just ordered one for our new dog, Huckle, and Ace (he only had a make shift one last year) on Etsy because I finally had to concede to myself that I simply did not have time to make them myself. I actually felt way better after ordering them, so I say- if you like meat (I do too!) then eat it and be healthy around those choices :)

    ReplyDelete