Monday, April 9, 2012

Juicing

My husband and I watched "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" this weekend and I am again, totally motivated to continue to make changes to my health.  Joe Cross, the guy who did the documentary, is an Australian guy that is about my age, but a little older and was about twice my weight.  He also had an autoimmune disease that I do not have.  After a 60 day juice cleanse, he had lost weight, was off all of his medications, and was on his way to a healthier lifestyle.

I am not ready to do a 60 day cleanse, but I am thinking a good couple of days of juicing and not eating solid food may be just what I need to get me over eating the crap that I crave, but is bad for me.  I am hoping that maybe a 3 day cleanse will help me to clean out my system and maybe then I can start trusting my body to tell me what it needs.

This morning, I made my normal smoothie.  I gave my husband his and then I strained mine though some unbleached cotton muslin.  This morning, I used half of a cucumber, some parsley, some kale, a green apple, a red delicious apple, a banana, and some blueberries.  It was a little messy to strain it, but it wasn't too bad and I don't have to buy another appliance or find room for another appliance.  The best part, is that it actually tastes good.  The hard part for me is going to be not eating solid food.  For now I am going to have a goal for 3 days, but I am also going to take it one day and maybe even one meal at a time.  I am not going to kill myself, but I am also not going to give in easily.  If for some reason I feel like I need solid food, I am going to make sure that it is healthy.  I am really going to try to only have juice though!

I am actually looking forward to seeing how I feel.  There was lots of talk about having more energy.  I can only hope that that will be a result.  The other thing that they talked about was cleansing your system.  I have wanted to do a detox/cleanse for some time and maybe this is the time to actually do one.  I need to find some recipes, so that I am ensuring that I get the nutrition that I need, but I am thinking that I can also figure it out on my own.

Wish me luck, and if anyone has any feeling on juicing or recipes, or success stories, please let me know!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment