Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Craft Hope"

I keep thinking about someday owning a crafting studio.  It's kind of a pipe dream since I don't have the money to open my own business, I will need to have constant income, and I have no business experience.  One thing that I would like to do as part of a craft studio, is have time to craft for charities.  One thing that I can do is start to do that myself.  I can start to create items for different charities and donate what I make.  I have a book called "Craft Hope" that is all about creating handmade items for different charities.  I am planning on looking through it and see if I can plan a project or two and donate them.  I know that there are a lot of different charities on the internet too.  This is something that I have wanted to do, but never followed through.  I really want to follow through this time.

One thing I would like to add to this is getting my community involved.  I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing it though.  I have thought about doing something with my church, but I have not exactly been attending.  I have also recently thought about doing something at our town's farmer's market.  One of the winter farmer's markets that we go to has a donation bin for handmade hats and mittens.  I would love to maybe do something similar at the summer's farmer's market.  What I would ultimately like to do is participate at the farmer's market and have people do a project while they attend the farmer's market as well as have a bin for drop offs.  I have heard of having many people work on an individual square or an individual project so that many people's hands are part of this finished piece.  This probably isn't a feasible endeavor, but it is something that I would like to think about.  Maybe check out when this years knit out is and do something that day in town.

I have so many ideas, but I'm not sure that they are things that are actually feasible.  As usual, I have goals/ideas, but don't know how to follow through.  I am off to look through my "Craft Hope" book and hope that it inspires me to somehow follow through with my dreams/goals, or at least one of them.

Amy

2 comments:

  1. that sounds like an inspiring book! Once again, I am right there with you girl, trying to figure out the farmer's market route and then getting confused over where I am going to find the time for it!!!
    have a great weekend and I hope you come to a perfect solution for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, the twins group is crafting at all our convention meetings...email me if you'd like to come join us. Most of us (well, at least me!!) aren't really crafty, but we're plugging along since we need to stock a craft table this November. Benefits our twin group--that's got to be near and dear to you :) And maybe it'll give you the push to get started!

    ReplyDelete