Friday, January 21, 2011

Less Mindless TV/Computer Time=More Time For Projects!

I really need to spend less time on the computer and more time doing the things that I love.  I have so many projects in the works, yet I can't seem to find the time to work on them!  This is partially because I don't have the time and partially because I don't manage my time well.  With 3 kids who are all almost 2 (at least for a month and a half until my oldest son turns 3), time for crafting is very limited, but yet I love it so I need to make time for it.  I have enough knitting projects or at least yarn and patterns that I can work on while I sit and watch TV (which I do way too much of).  I can pull out my sewing machine and complete many of the projects that I have planned while I watch TV.  Pretty much all of the crafts that I like to work on, I can do while i watch TV.  Instead of sitting there like an idiot, staring into TV land, I can at least be productive!  As I sit here and type, I am thinking "I have a scarf in my bag that I can pull out and work on".  As soon as I finish this post, I will be on to working on that scarf so that I can feel like i accomplished something.  I love the computer and I love blogging, but I love creating even more.  It's time that I sit myself down and make time for something I really love.  One of my post last month was about crafting for a cause, and I really want to make a goo attempt at creating something to donate to a group every month.  It's getting late for me to donate for the month of January, but I am going to try really hard to get something completed for the end of the month.  I will find a way to enjoy my TV shows, but yet enjoy my creative outlets too!

I also have my apron swap to start working on!  I was planning on getting my fabric for the swap today, but we got a lovely snow storm again here in Boston, so I didn't get out of the house til I had to go to work.  Maybe I can run out quickly tomorrow!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment