Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to Basics

I started this blog as a way to get back to being more natural in my every day life.  Through the summer O did really well.  We went to local farms and farmer's markets, then fall came and the farmer's markets closed and we stopped going to the local farms.  We are still doing most of our cooking, but just not always the most healthy recipes.  Not that I want to make New Year's resolutions, but with a new year here, I want to start eating healthier and living healthier.  I am starting a couch to 5K program.  I've only done 2 days so far, but day 3 is today.  I want to start limiting more meat and increasing more vegetables, limiting my grains, breads, sweets, all the nasty carbs and replace them with good carbs ie; green veggies.  I just need to start finding better recipes so that I don't get bored.  I did start my new blog about being creative every day, but it is not going well.  With 3 kids there is only so much time in the day and I already feel like I don't do enough with the kids.  I still want to be as creative as possible as often as possible, but I think every day is too much.  Once the little ones get up from their nap, I am getting them into the car and am going to drive to a farm and if able will go into the farm stand and enjoy being there in the middle of winter.

I am back to basics!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment