Saturday, August 1, 2009

Newest Changes

Well I broke down and decided to go for it. I am doing a mixture of cloth diapers and disposable for all 3 kids. We started with the oldest first since he was having skin issues. It has certainly seemed to help with his rashes. I'm sure cloth diapers for 3 is not going to be easy, but I feel like I really have to do something to change my carbon footprint and the effect my decision have on this world now and in the furture. I was saying to my husband today that I don't know if this is an early midlife crisis that is making me question my ways of daily life and what I am doing to harm the future of this planet, but I think that questioning this is a good thing. What even small changes can I do to help keep this planet a healthy place for my kids and future generations of kids. I want to eat local, buy local, use service people local. I have actually been feeling this way for quite some time, and now I am actually acting on it. I also want to ensure that I am doing things that are healthy for my body, my husband's and my kid's. I plan on using natural soaps, eating better, making my own baby food etc.

Now let's see if I can maintain thses changes. I am well aware that with 3 kids, there is only so much I can do and I am willing to not be so cut and dry with what needs to change.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment