Friday, March 22, 2013

My Latest Obsession

Or should the title be, "Continuing With My Obsession".  Another quilting, twin mom friend blogged about her hexagon sewing experience and I became obsessed.  Not only do I love hexagons, but I love, maybe even more than hexagons, english paper piecing other shapes.  I have a huge pinterest board for hexagon quilting and english paper piecing.  I love finding new shapes to add.

I keep looking up blogs and finding new ways to english paper piece.  I love crafty blogs, but lately I am really interested in  EPP.  Since I am cheap and I can't stand to wait (I have a little trouble with needing almost instant gratification with my crafting.  I don't like projects that take to long to complete.  Often those projects become UFO's and WIP'S in my crafting bin), I have been making my own templates.  One thing I love about EPP is how forgiving it is.  Even though my pieces aren't perfect, the outcome is really good.

Recently, I made these:

pre-sewing together

pre-sewing together

sewn together

without the green diamonds

I decided that I needed to make a new hanging for the door.  With spring here and the snowstorm we had the day before the first day of spring, I decided I needed something springy.  I decided to create this:


This door quilt combines both english paper piecing and machine sewing.  It's a little wonky, but I'm pretty happy with it.  I can't wait to look for more EPP blogs and maybe even a hex-along.

Happy Spring!!!
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment