Monday, February 25, 2013

Changing Back

I changed back to my previous blog name.  I've been doing a lot of thinking about this blog and decided that I wanted to follow though with why I actually started this blog in the first place.  I still want to document all the creative things that I make, butI want to talk about my belief in living a more natural life all while trying to balance the pressures of everyday life.

As much as I have certain beliefs, the different pressures of everyday life sometimes get in the way and do not let me follow through as much as I would like.  right now, I am dealing with a herniated disc and treatment for that.  Over the weekend, I was trying to plan dinner and ended up just getting Chinese food from my local Chinese restaurant.  I was just in too much pain to cook.  As much as I want to cook my own food, sometimes there are good reasons why I can't or don't.

I love the idea of making my kids clothing and trying to up cycle.  I have 3 kids (all who are 4 right now), a job, a house, a husband, which makes it difficult trying to make things from scratch.  I still try to not buy brand new things so that we can hopefully re-use clothing that is still in good condition and not spend money unnecessarily.  My goal is to try to get better at making things from scratch and even up-cycling material from other things rather than just going to the store and buying new.

I am also thinking about trying to buy plain material/yarn/paper, and dye my own.  I'm thinking that it is going to be more creative and less processed than if I buy it at the store.  I will also have more control over the type of process being used.

I am looking forward to our garden this year.  It's time to start planning what we are going to grow, what we are going to grow from seed vs from already started plants, when to start planting, etc.  I am hoping that the kids being a little older this year, means that we are going to have a better year with them not running off.

I'm trying to get better at eating healthy and exercising.  My goal with exercise if to get outside and exercise vs being in a gym.  I don't want to spend the money on a gym membership and I get so bored exercising inside.  I am so much happier walking and running and hiking as well as playing with my kids!

So, my old blog name is back and what I write about is back on track.  I am very much looking forward to writing about my beliefs, hopes and dreams, and projects that I am working on.

Here's just a few things I have been working on lately:

An afghan that I should have finished when the twins were babies (I had to rip out and start over since I couldn't figure out the pattern)

My tenderloin steak dinner cooked like a restaurant (locally bought cooked at home).  So delicious!  My husband wants to have it once a month.

Homemade bread pudding.  So yummy!

Wire wrapped ring, quick and easy project!


Amy

1 comment:

  1. When I make notes in my cookbooks, I use that term "cooked like in a restaurant" or "presents like a gourmet meal" we are so similar ;)

    it takes so much effort to begin and get going and then you suddenly realize looking back, wow I am doing this! I continue to wish you lots of luck in your personal journey and the professional one you mention in the following post :)

    ReplyDelete