Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dreaming

Sometimes, I feel like a broken record.  Sometimes, I hope that if I repeat myself enough, maybe I'll actually follow through with my dreams.  Sometimes, I think if I repeat myself, my fear of failure, my fear of people making fun of me, my fear of anything negative will go away.  Sometimes, I think that I should just give up and just keep going as a hobby crafter.  Sometimes I feel like if I remain a hobby crafter, I will not be being true to myself.

I keep having this dream of, one day, making some money off my love of crafting.  If it a pipe dream, maybe.  Do I realize that I will probably need to continue being a social worker, yup!  Do I realize that the likelihood that it will be a success, may be slim to none, yup.  Do I realize with that statement, I am being very negative, yup!  Do I realize that there may be some truth in it though, absolutely.

What I keep dreaming about, is owning a studio and gallery where people can create, learn, and exhibit their work.  I would love for there to be a cafe with healthy food too.  I love to create and I would love to share that passion with others.  I would love to offer a place to create for people who can't afford to go to a regular studio as well as for those that can.  I would love for it to be a place where anyone can feel like an artist or that they are creative!  I would love for them to feel comfortable and mot judged.  I would love for children to have a place to come and create.  I would love to offer a place for those with mental health issues.  I would love to offer a place where people can come and create and leave a legacy for those they leave behind (that's the social worker in me).  I actually did a major paper in grad school on scrapbooking and social work.  I would love for this to be a way to have my career and my dreams meld together.

Maybe if I keep talking about it, it will happen.  I should am going to stop saying maybe and I am going to start saying, "When I have my own gallery and studio, it will be a place where both young and old and everyone in between can come and create.  It will be a place where people can come and create something, that can be given to those they love, wether it be a scrapbook of photos or an object that they have created.  It will be a place where I can share my love of creativity and my social work career. I will love my job and be able to make a living at it.  I will use my education and my passion to create the life I love."

From this point on, I will continue to pursue my dreams.  I will continue to create and I will continue to try to make some money by creating.  I will continue to be positive and not focus on the negative.  I will stop feeling like I'm going to feel or be laughed at.  I will remain positive!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment