Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Am I Really Doing It?

Am I really moving forward with one of my goals?  I talked to my husband about potentially becoming the chapter leader for Enchanted Makeovers in MA and while he is supportive of me doing this, I think he would prefer that I either did it myself or it was a paid position.  I would love to be able to start my own "company" using creative arts to help my community or the surrounding communities, but I am not sure that I have the know how or the ability to do it on my own right now.  I am thinking that I can still do my own thing.

I talked with Terry Grahl, founder of Enchanted Makeovers, and I love what she has to say.  Being a chapter leader is an awesome thing to do.  I really like what Terry has to say and what her beliefs are.  I love that she doesn't want to label people that she helps.  I really want to be a part of this, but I am not sure if it is the right time for me.  Do I become a MA Chapter Leader or do I just contribute handmade items and try to start my own thing?

I love the idea of helping women and children.  I love the idea of helping people in MA.  I love that it would be a community effort and that it would tie into my social work career and my love of create handmade items.  The question is, do I have time to devote to this as much as I should, and/or is there something more I can do on my own to help another group or groups of people with handmade items and have it concentrate more in my town then branch out to surrounding towns and then branch out further in MA.  I guess I need to pray about this.  I am not someone who is a major church goer, but I do believe that someone (God, higher power, etc) out there hears us and helps us make different decisions in our lives, especially important decisions.

I just need to know what is in my heart and follow it!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment