Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Another BRCA2 Post

I'm still trying to figure out if I should have my ovaries removed or if I should hold off. I'm going to be 39 this summer and haven't started menopause yet and I'm really concerned about throwing my body into an immediate menopause when my body isn't ready. On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to chance getting ovarian cancer and dying. I just had my CA125 blood test and am having my pelvic ultrasound in a week and a half. I haven't had an ultrasound since I was pregnant with my twins and ready to have them. I'm hoping things come back looking ok, but if they don't it may make my decision easier. I still need to schedule my MRI, but it needs to be scheduled at a certain time in my cycle so I need to wait.

 I'm still looking at nutrition, exercise, and stress relief as a means of keeping my body healthy. I really need to focus on moving towards a plant based diet. Some days I do well, but other days I am horrible. I really need to cut out all the junk food I eat I am finally starting to progress with my running and I can't wait to get even better. I am also starting to look forward to running, or at least I have started to really like the feeling after I finish (not because I am finished but because I feel good after)! I really want to start adding to stretching and/or yoga on my off days! I think that it will help both my body and my mind. I want to learn more about how to keep my mind, my body, and my soul healthy!

 I have an appointment with a new doctor, but I am thing of canceling til I meet with someone else who is supposedly very well versed in cancer and nutrition, an NP at my doctors office who actually recommended my PCP whenI was pregnant with my oldest son. I also want to meet with a nutritionist at my doctors office to talk more about nutrition in general, but also especially how it relates to my BRCA2 status. I am really looking forward to learning more about keeping a pereson's mind, body, and spirit healthy. I love researching this information, now I need to put this into practice and maybe I can make a little career change, but keep my social work background. I am happy with my social work career, but would love to add more mind, body, and health into my career and hopefully this is one way of doing it! 

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment