Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wishcasting Wednesday: "What Do You Wish To Rise Above?"

It's Wednesday once again and once again, Jamie Ridler at http://www.jamieridlerstudios.ca asks, "What Do You Wish To Rise Above?"


I thought about this and read other's posts, all of whom wrote great posts on this topic, and decided that I wish to rise above my insecurities!  When I think about all the different things that are going on in my life, have gone on in my life, and will be going on in my life, I think about how i am often held back by my insecurities, my fear of failure.  If there is one thing that I really need to work on, it's my insecurities.  I know I don't think I'm good enough at a lot of different things and am only ok at somethings.  I need to give myself permission to fail.  Without some failure, you don't learn.  Failure doesn't have to be bad/negative!


I also think that my insecurities fuel some of my other issues.  I can be really judgmental of others, especially if I have found myself in a similar situation.  I need to let it go and have a little more empathy (which is really important since my career is in social work and empathy is huge).  I need to let go of my past failures and not let the green eyed monster get me!  I need to let go of my fear of being wrong and trust my instincts, for example having my older son tested for developmental delays.  I am finally getting him tested and I am ok with what ever outcome we get.  Of course, this would be one area that I would be happy to be wrong, but I don't want people to think that I am one of those mothers that always thinks that there is something wrong.


My insecurities can certainly hold me back.  I am hopeful that if I can let go of my insecurities, I can maybe find more friends, trust myself, and be a little happier (especially given how great my life is).  I am very thankful for my husband, my kids, my house, the fact that I can stay at home with my kids and be there for them.  I have to remember to be aware of all the good things that I have and let go of those insecurities!


Amy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Thanks for sharing this post. There are so many of your lines that resonate in me, we must be sisters! I hope you'll one day get rid of the negativity to better embrace what great things life has in store for you.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too.
    Sunny hugs from sunny Bordeaux,
    Sabrina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wish that I identify with too.
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your honesty, thanks for sharing. As you wish for yourself I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be a struggle a lot of us share in (insecurity). As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
  7. IN a way, my post today is about the same thing. Here's to rising above insecurities and expectations and becoming our true selves, Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. amy, As you wish I too wish with you.

    ReplyDelete