Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jobs and Careers

I keep thinking about returning to work.  Not anytime soon, but I know that it will come soon enough.  I so don't want to go back to work doing the same old boring mundane thing, yet I am so scared to branch out and try something new.  I keep day dreaming about what I would what to do if I were given a choice with no holds barred.  Would I really want to be a social worker?  On some level, probably. I do like being a social worker.  I do like the whole psych piece of things, but, that being said, I have so many other interests that I would love to do something else.

My biggest question is what would I ultimately like to do?  I think I would love to do something with natural health.  The problem is, I have all these beliefs, but I never follow through with them.  We were over a family members house tonight and someone started talking about things and all I could think was "you are all talk.  You don't actually follow all these things that you say that you believe."  The problem is, neither do I.  If I really did what I believed, I would be eating a total vegan diet, no meat, no diary.  I would also not be eating any gluten related foods.  I would be drinking my water kefir.  I would be making non dairy milk kefir.  I would be making more kombucha and using it.  I would be using more natural cleansers.  I would be studying more about herbs and essential oils.  I would be studying more about art therapy.  I would be creating.  I would be learning more about spirituality.  I would spend more time outside with the kids.  I would not be watching tv.  I would not be on Facebook all the time.  I would not be checking my e-mails.  I would be either doing more with blogging to help with what I believe in not just reading people's blogs. I would journal more, and by journaling, I mean literally writing on paper.  I would learn more about set journaling. I would learn more about soul collage (which I actually learned about in grad school for social work, so I know that there are ways I can use more alternative means of therapy vs just literal talk therapy.  It has been done.  there is a precedent for this type of thing). I would be better organized.  I would cook more.  I wouldn't drive as much.  I would take the kids for walks more.  I would try to be more of a part of my community.  I would attempt to do charity crafting and maybe try to make it a community affair!  I would try to follow through with what I believe, not just spout off at the mouth, like i sometimes feel that I do!

That was one long paragraph to basically state that I think I have all these beliefs and I think I want to use them in my career, but if i am not following through in my own life, how can I make it a career.  I guess, I need to take a look at what I want out of life and try to figure out how to get it.  I have about another 3-4 years before I am back in the work force full time.  I keep writing about these things because I am hopeful that if I put it down on paper, I can figure out how to make it happen.

I am going to finish up by saying that I am going to try to follow through with my beliefs.  I am going to watch less tv.  I am going to read more.  I am going to research the things that I am interested in and see if I can figure out how to make it into a career.  I am going to create more!  I am going to continue to follow through on my beliefs such as using handmade items, beauty products (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, cream),  household cleansers, etc.  I am going to research about herbs and veggie gardening.  I am going to journal in a notebook more.  I am going to read and learn more about soul collaging, meditating, and yoga and how all this relates to social work. There are so many things I want to do.  I am hoping that taking time to write all this down is going to be helpful.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment